Friday, February 25, 2011

The latest!

(I got this bookmark over the weekend.  I love it!)
So, I haven't been doing much in the realm of crafting lately.  I still haven't hemmed my circle skirt.  I still haven't hemmed the girl's sun dress.  However, I did organize my crafty area (again), but you wouldn't know by the looks of it (again).  We're gearing up for a move, but I don't know when we'll actually be moving, so I'm afraid to get too many things out, because that just means I have to put it all back.  Ugh. . .the downfall of moving.  Isn't there a moving fairy that just waves her wand and all your things are set up in your new house?
(The Graphics Fairy)
Oh, there she is. . .

In lieu of anything related to sewing or scrapbooking or productivity in general, I present to you a collection of pictures from our latest weekend excursion for your viewing pleasure.  While the man was fishing, the crazies and I hit up a "five and dime" with some friends.  A good time was had by all.



 This one's for Daddy
 East meets West
 This was the only hat the girl would put on.  I think the weird string things had something to do with it.
This is a stick up!

We didn't get any of the hats.  But we spent probably 20 minutes in the hat aisle alone and it was well worth it.  Afterwards, we had lunch at Bass Pro Shop.  Yes, you read that correctly. . .I had lunch at Bass Pro Shop.  And you know what, it was DELISH!  If you find yourself near a Bass Pro and your stomach is saying, "Hmm, I think I would like a little pick me up so that we can shop 'til we drop at Bass Pro. . .you know you've been wanting those moss oak waders and the furniture to decorate your hunting lodge."  You tell your stomach, "Sit tight Tum Tum, we're headed to the Bass Pro restaurant.  Where not only do they have fish, fish, and more fish, and every man's favorite, MEAT, but they have healthy and wonderful salads and soups."  It's good, really.
I also purchased a cute little pink journal while at the five and dime.  You know me, I can't pass up anything pink and I mean ANYTHING! 
And on Saturday night, I took that journal's advice.  I had a cupcake. . .or two. . .or three. . .

If one day, you find you've wandered into downtown Springfield, Missouri, visit "The Cup".  You won't be disappointed.  We picked up a few different cupcakes so everyone could share.  Let's see, we got:

Coffee Cake (with a drizzle of frosting, like really coffee cake)
Chocolate, with chocolate frosting
Chocolate and Peanut Butter, with crushed peanut butter cups on top
Red Velvet, with a yummy cream cheese frosting
Raspberry, with a raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream frosting (MY FAVORITE!)
Red Velvet/Raspberry mixed, with a raspberry cream cheese frosting

Holy Moly People!  These were out of this world.  They have a website.  Click here and take a look at all the wonderfulness they have.

Lastly, I wanted to let you know that my friend, Christina, over at Accomplishing Motherhood is having a "March of Hair".  Go to her blog and read up on it.  But the gist is that sometimes we fall into the rut of not doing our hair. . .ever.  I know that mine is usually in a messy bun and I rarely brush it (but don't worry, it is washed and cleaned daily!).  All through the month of March, she'll be posting a video featuring a new hairstyle and a tutorial for making your own crafty hair accessory.  Doesn't that sound fabulous?!  So, check it out.
And now it's time for me to say goodbye.  The girl needs to get up from her nap and the boy needs to be picked up from school.  Eventually laundry needs to be put away (or in the case of the last two loads of sheets and towels, folded as well).  After all that talk of cupcakes, I feel the need to bake some.  I think I've found the secret to making them moist and amazing, I'll let you know how they turn out.  Happy Crafting!  And if you're in the Midwest and were hit by the snow, I feel for you.  I just got used to seeing my grass again.
I'm over snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment