Monday, February 14, 2011

Do you feel the love?



Happy Valentine's Day!  
I heart Valentine's Day.  Why?  Because everywhere you look what do you see? No not the hand holding, the hugging, the kissing that can make you want to yell "GET A ROOM!", all the I love yous being tossed around.  It isn't any of that, though I do like those things.  Why do I heart this day?  Because everywhere I look, I see PINK.  I love the color pink, it encompasses all things girly.  I never liked it when I was younger.  You categorize it as an almost pure hatred of the color.  But now?  Now I adore it.  When I found out I was having a little girl, I got very excited.  1) Because I was having a little girl and 2) because I knew I was going to get my chance to fill a closet full of wonderful pinkness.  I try to wear pink when I can, but I've also come to the realization that I am almost. . .ahem, cough. . .30.  Only almost, but not quite there yet!  And that by being only almost 30, I probably shouldn't run around looking like a. . .well, I can't think of something that wouldn't sound offensive to at least one person, so I just won't say it, but it may have had something to do with those that like to listen to/watch Justin Bieber.  So, I just live vicariously through the cuteness that spills from my daughter in all her pinkness!
Anyways, this is all randomness.  I don't have anything crafty to post, I'm just posting about love.  Not just my love for pink, but all the love I have for those that surround me.  I had to put a few pictures of my munchkins.  Those kids bring so much joy into my life and I just can't get enough of them.  I mean, look at them. . .you can't tell me that you don't feel the love when you see them :)

I mean, look at this face!

And this one:

I realize that my opinions are just that, my own opinions.  And I may be a little partial towards them, considering they are my children.  But I can't help myself sometimes.  I just love those two little devils. . .and I do mean devils, because sometimes they are CRAZY!
But I also can't forget the bestest Valentine of all. . .The Hubs!  He and I met on Valentine's Day, did you know that?  Yes, nine years ago today I met the man I knew I would marry.  I can hear all of you saying, "Ahhhhh".  I know you want to know what he looks like, if you've never seen him before. . .
This is a picture from our dog's first night at our house.  He's trying to bond with her.  That was over four months ago. . .they are still trying to bond!

This day isn't just for those with a significant other, it's for love.  Even if you're single, you have love.  So, on this day, think of all those people that you love, that love you back.  Think of your family, your friends, your dog. . .whatever.  Just know that someone, somewhere loves you.  And if you don't think that anyone does, well then. . .I LOVE YOU!  I hope that makes you feel better.
In closing, I wanted to add a poem.  I didn't write and I didn't find it myself.  I stole it from a different website.  Okay, stealing sounds bad.  Let's just say, borrowed. . .from Victoria Coulter Designs, she makes cool stuff.

Day Dream
-by Cassie McNair-

Whenever I day dream, and day dream I do,
in my secret garden, I day dream of you.

I day dream of you, in my magical land;
embracing me tight and holding my hand.

Holding my hand, and touching my face.
Just you and me, in this peaceful place.

In this peaceful place a pristine river flows.
Where the unicorns run, a breeze always blows.

A breeze always blows and sings of a song;
Our love in a place where you're never gone.

When you're never gone is as it would seem,
from dusk until dawn, whenever I day dream.


And whenever I day dream, and day dream I do,
in my secret garden, I day dream of you.




(If you like the clip art in this post, go get 'em at The Graphics Fairy)

No comments:

Post a Comment