Tuesday, February 15, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

No craftiness today.  Sorry.  I've been doing other things.  Don't ask me what, because I don't have an answer.  I know I must be doing something.  How am I spending my days?  The answer to this question eludes me.  Something, something happens, something gets done. . .I'm doing something.  I think I did so much for Valentine's that I needed a break.  I decided to treat myself today.  I went to the Candle Queen and bought a new bracelet.  I saw it a few days ago and didn't get it.  But yesterday I decided that I really wanted it, so I bought it today.  It was only $20. . .I love it!

Wow!  The flash was really bright.  I'll work on that for the next time I go out and buy myself a $20 bracelet as a treat to myself.

And in honor of my treat to myself, I'm listing a few of my favorite things, just to make myself feel good.  (Can you hear Julie Andrews singing in the background?)  Oh, and they aren't in any particular order, just the order of when I think of them.


1) My new washer and dryer.  I know, I know.  I've raved about these already, but seriously, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM!  I love doing laundry now.  What does that say about me?  Here is a glimpse of laundry heaven. . .
And yes, I have watched the clothes through the top of the washer and got dizzy doing it.  I am not ashamed to admit it.

2) I like to read.  Here is my current reading list:
-The Well-Trained Mind (because I got it in my head that I wanted to homeschool my son).
-The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading (because I got it in my head that I wanted to homeschool my son and what better subject to start with than reading).
-The Pioneer Woman, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels (because Ree Drummond's website is my new favorite online obsession).
*As a little side note to my list, I wanted to tell you about my trip to the library.  Don't worry, this isn't too far off the beaten path because it relates to the first book on my list.  It was recommended that I read "The Well-Trained Mind" to get a glimpse at homeschooling and how to go about doing it.  However, what was not brought to my attention was the size of the book.  It's a big book.  Now, don't think that I'm concerned about the size because I can't read a book that big. . .if you were my brother, that's exactly what you would be thinking and then laughing about.  The size of the book comes into play because. . .I went to the library to get it, with my 5yo and 2yo.  The 5yo had already picked out 5 books for himself so he couldn't hold it.  The 2yo couldn't be let down because she would have picked out 20 books not for herself, but to throw around like it was a party.  So, here I am with the diaper bag around my shoulders, the 2yo in my arms (squirming to get down), trying to help the 5yo carry his 5 books in a manner that wouldn't cause them to slip and fall, all the while trying to get this massive book (and one more that I thought I might need) to stay resting ON the diaper bag (because there is never room IN the diaper bag) and against my hip. . .while trying to walk.  Of course, we were on the 2nd floor and the check out desk/exit is on the 1st.  Raise your hand if you love taking your kids to places that insist on a quiet working environment. . .OH ME!  I DO!  By the time I was able to check out all our books, the 2yo was running around chasing the 5yo, one of her shoes had fallen off, and she had a stinky diaper.  Oh and my little keychain library card was all bent and had teeth marks. . .guess how that happened?  Man, I love the library.

3) As I mentioned in #2, Ree Drummond's website is my new favorite place to waste time.  Go there, you'll love it.  It's called The Pioneer Woman.  She has a bunch of different things there.  Cooking, photography, homeschooling, confessions. . .on and on and on.  GO THERE!


4) My new bedspread/coverlet.  I got this a few weeks ago at the antique store here in town.  It was only $16 so I couldn't pass it up. . .a second time.  Yes, I passed it up a 1st time and I had to go back to get it. Yes, it's a similar situation to the bracelet.  Yes, it's a pattern.  It's a queen size coverlet, for only $16!  I love it.

Just so you know, that pillow in front. . .yeah, I made that!  But I did have help.  I don't know what it would look like if I didn't.

So, those are a few of my favorite things.  The list could go on, but I don't have pictures of all my favorite things and I can't think of anymore at the moment and it's time to get my son from school.
I'm sorry that I haven't been adding pictures of my projects.  My goal is to have something to show you tomorrow.  I don't know what it will be, but something will be here. . .there's that word again, something.  Something crafty will happen tonight and/or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment