Monday, February 7, 2011

Random acts of craftiness

Holy Moly!  I just realized that I haven't been on this thing since last Wednesday.  Sorry for the delay.  We had a LOOOOONG week last week, full of wonderful/tiring (depending on who you ask) snow days and we had family visiting for the big game.  Favorite commercial: VW's Darth Vader.  But only because it was really the only one I can remember (that would be a result from seeing it before the Sunday and having to watch it at least 4 times, because my son LOVES it).  I also bought a new washer and dryer.  My old dryer decided to "kick the bucket" and refuse to start again.  So, instead of fixing our old (10+ years) dryer, we bought new ones.  I love them.  And when I say love, I really mean I REALLY love them.  They are LG.  I didn't get the front load washer for a number of reasons, but my top loader is just as wonderful.  They sing to me when the load is done.  Here's a confession. . .I hugged the dryer last night :)
That pretty much sums up my last few days. . .two kids going stir crazy in the house, a dead dryer, trying to line dry clothes in the house (which took forever), and getting two big items that pretty much equal laundry heaven.
Today was supposed to be the boy's first day back at school.  I say "supposed" because he was only there for an hour.  He got sick.  So guess who is back at home?  That's right, MY SON!  And he can't go back until he's been sickness free for 24 hours.  And I totally understand that rule, but at the rate we're going, he'll never finish Kindergarten and I should just homeschool him.  Second confession of the day. . .I've actually been giving serious thought to homeschool (insert collective gasp here).  I know, I know, I said I wasn't the homeschool type.  I don't know what has come over me.  But part of me thinks that it could possibly be a good idea.  If you have any input, feel free to let me know.  I'm open to any types of homeschool programs, but leaning towards Christian-based ones.  And of course, I haven't discussed this with the hubs. . .I'm afraid he'll have me committed to a hospital if I do!  Here's my email, in case anyone out there knows what I should look at, because we all know that I do not!
jellybean727@hotmail.com
Now back to things I'm more comfortable with.  I've been working on a few things lately, but no pictures to post.  I promise, skirts will be finished, pictures will be posted for all to see.  In the mean time, I thought I would post some of the things I've done in the past (pre-blog).  So, would you join me for a walk down memory lane (in no particular order):

A dress for my little bean. . .I think the rubber snake really sets it apart!
 Other than the yo-yo thing being in a really random place (don't ask me what I was thinking, it's practically under her arm), I like it.

This is a blanket and pillow for a friend and her new little girl.

The little bean's blanket, obviously awhile ago!

My first try at making bows.  It looked HUGE on her head.

The girl's hat.  It didn't really work out well.  The stiff interfacing was SUPER stiff.
 This is the inside, it was reversible (except I messed up on the seam).

A quilt made from jellyrolls for my girl.

The kids' Halloween treat bags.  The boy used the bigger one and hers was the small one.
 Other side of each bag.

 And finally, this is a lap quilt I made for my niece.  She's a teenager so I wanted to use something fun.  This is made from the "Fandango" jellyroll from Moda.  Go to their bake shop (Moda Bake Shop) and find wonderful patterns like this one!

 This was before I put on the binding.

That's what I have so far.  I think my favorite is the quilt for my niece.  I wish I kept it for myself!  The kids are calling. . .Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is no longer entertaining.  I guess I need to get back to mothering.

No comments:

Post a Comment