Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tulle and headbands

I love tulle.

I really like making tulle skirts for the girl.  She really doesn't like to wear them.  In my previous post, I mentioned that her Halloween costume was made of tulle.  I couldn't try it on her prior to the big hunt for candy, so I had to pray that it fit her.  She *really* hates all that tulle.  But I make her wear it just the same. . .mwahahaha!
The point to this: I made her a tulle skirt earlier this summer.  I don't have a good picture of her in it.  When I was finally able to get her to try it on, she fell into fetal position on the floor and refused to move until I said I was going to take it off.  That's my girl!  One of her walking away from me, in disgust, is the best I could get.


And then I made her a circle skirt.  I found this fabric on the discount rack and I had to get it.  I love the super bright colors.  It was perfect for the summer.

I whipped up some fabric headbands as well.  I have a friend who wanted some for her little girl.  I made them in July.  It's November.  I still haven't sent them.  Now I'm just waiting until it is closer to Christmas and I'll just send them with her present.



Hmm, speaking of Christmas presents. . .I better sign off.  I have it in my head that I can make a ton of crafty things for gifts.  I know of three people who are getting something handmade.  I just decided this last night.  For some reason, it is ingrained in me that doing things at the last minute is the best time.  I really need to get moving on this.  Ugh. . .Pinterest, you are the devil!

Off to make more crafty messes,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment