Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's finally done!

The moment you've all been waiting for. . .okay, probably an exaggeration, but it IS the moment I've been waiting for.  The little guy's pirate duvet cover is finished.  FINALLY!!!  Can I say something?  This was painful and I mean that in a very literal way.  I don't know what was up with me, but I kept stabbing myself with those little pins while pinning the top to the bottom.  Ridiculous!  But it's done and he loves it.
 This is the cool pirate fabric.  He picked it out and I think it's adorable.  It's fleece and super super soft.
 Here's the girl modeling the "before" comforter.  Sorry, McQueen, you're old news to us now, at least until your next movie.
It's a little blurry, but here's the after.  The back is 1/2 blue and 1/2 black.  The top is made with black fleece, so it's all soft by his face.  And I secured the bottom with cute little buttons (yellow, red, and blue).  It makes his room look totally different.  He loves it, I love it, we're all happy.

Now, I can move on to different (smaller) things.  I NEED to finish the girl's sundress.  I just need to hem it.  I hate hemming things.  I'm half tempted to just run out and by the cheat stuff.  But then I would feel guilty for not completely making it on my own.  Also tomorrow is "Kansas' Birthday" day at the boy's school.  He gets to dress up, but it has to be something related to Kansas.  We're going to fall back on our trusty cowboy getup.  I need to mend his chaps, because they took a bit of a beating last time he wore them.  Back in October, the school had a "Favorite Book Character" day.  This replaced Halloween festivities, but allowed the kids to dress up.  The boy decided he wanted to be a cowboy, but we didn't have any cowboy books.  I scoured the library for just the right one and then I made him little chaps to wear over his jeans.  He looked mighty handsome!  Don't you think. . .
In case you were wondering, no he wasn't a cowboy for Halloween.  We made him another costume. . .
If you can't see him, it's because he's a sniper. . .he standing next to that cute little bee :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment