Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pre-move craftiness

I haven't done anything crafty in over a month.
But here are the pictures of the crafty things that happened before that month-long hiatus:


A lot of baby stuff happened.  Sorry.

-This is a taggie blanket and bib I made for my soon-to-be-born nephew, Chase.  Flannel on one side, terry cloth on the other.  And in case you didn't know, terry cloth is messy, like super messy.  By the end of these two small items, I was covered, my floor was covered, the dog was covered.  It was everywhere!



-Family friends had a little girl and a month later I finally made a small gift for her.
What I won't mention is that it took another month (after we moved) to finally send it out.
I made her two sets of baby legs (I've given up on making them for my daughter, her thighs are too big) and a taggie blanket.  I also made a changing pad, but I don't seem to have a picture of it.  Oops.




-And because I found this super cute fabric, I also made Chase a changing pad and diaper holder.  The diaper holder is designed to fit a wipes travel container and a couple of diapers.  Then it can fit inside the changing pad.





So you don't think that I came up with these wonderful ideas on my own (I'm not that creative), I should tell you that I got the patterns for them, except the baby legs, from this book:

And for the baby legs, I got the pattern from Snazzie Drawers.  I can't find the exact page it was one, but  just browse around and you'll find it.  And if you don't find it, that's alright, because she has a lot of super cute things to look at.

Before I sign off and go back to my mothering duties, like potty training my daughter and feeding my kids breakfast, I'd like to leave you with a smile:

ARRRGHHH!


She loves to vacuum.  I can't wait for her to be old enough to vacuum for real, without me worrying that she's going to pick up my vacuum and throw it against something.  It's possible she likes to do that with hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment